Friday 1 August 2014

Grilled roast beef - It's not summer without barbecue



It's been years since last time I wrote a blog somewhere I can't even remember.

Last weekend, my fiance's mom came for a visit. We talked about my cooking and photography again. She encouraged me to create a blog, writing down the stories behind the recipes and photos. What a wonderful idea! I enjoy making food, yummy to the taste and beautiful to the look. I love taking pictures of colourful food, cute objects, interesting people, gorgeous landscape, oh especially my humorous fiance and our cute-looking son. So here I am, starting a new blog from scratch, recording bits and pieces of everyday life with my loved ones.

According to my fiance, Chris, nothing can beat the flavor of a chunk of meat cooked on charcoal. I don't know if I fully agree with him, but he does always cook hearty meat over the fire. We had this grilled roast beef last weekend. It was juicy, tender, full of flavor, and most importantly mouth-watery good-looking. We sat down at dinner table after putting the little guy to bed, with a bottle of wine and music, enjoyed the great food and time with each other.

I'd love to share the recipe of this amazing grilled roast beef here, but since neither Chris nor I am good at measuring the ingredients while cooking, it's hard to write down the exact amount of seasonings and the cooking procedures here. This may be the next one on my to-do list, to organize our food menu and write down recipes. It's gonna be a huge project but hey, that sounds really fun!

2 comments:

  1. Your photography triumphs a recipe in this post. If this is an indication of things to come I'm glad you've broken your hiatus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lovell,

    That looks like a tasty piece of meat... somebody sure knows how to take a good photograph. I'm so glad that you've decided to create a photo-journal that expresses your creative passions so that others can share your experiences as a new mom, a friend and creative soul who's adapting to an entirely new culture and major lifestyle changes. I love the format/template that you've chosen. It reflects the melding of cultures that are evident through the sweet face of your child. I truly hope that this adventure gives you a platform to express the unique creative talent that shines through in every project that you tackle. I'll be an avid fan of your blog.

    Enjoy the experience! xo

    ReplyDelete