Friday 22 August 2014

About Mood Board

It was not long ago when I was browsing other people's blogs that I learned this mood board thing. I've always been keen on those picture clusters under one theme with a combination of color patches. They look neat and story telling, very artistic and professional. Since I've decided to put some effort on my blog, I figure it's time to start learning some photoshop techniques and make my pictures more professional looking. So here I am, after hours of Youtubing and playing around on my computer (80 percent of the time with frustration), I finally put a couple of pictures together and create this board of avocado-loving mood. It ain't easy at all!! As simple as picking the right color theme, it already drives me nuts since the more I stare at the colors, the more I don't feel they go along together. And then the choice of font, I may need a new pair of glasses...  But after all it was a great attempt and I'm encouraged to learn more now.

Chunky Guacamole

- 2 avocados, ripe but still firm
- 1/2 yellow onions, finely chopped
- 2 roman tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- a hand full of cilantro, more or less to your taste
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch cayenne pepper

Cut the avocados into cubes and mix all the ingredients together. You can make it super smooth by simply mash the avocado as finely as possible. I love the texture of chunky avocado so I just roughly mash them with a fork. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. Dip with Doritos, or any chips you like, and enjoy the refreshing healthy summer snacks!

*Tip: Leave the avocado cores in the dish to prevent from oxidation.


No comments:

Post a Comment