Tuesday 19 August 2014

Fresh Corn On The Cob



One of the best seasonal deliciousness is corn on the cob. Picked from the farm, either grilled on the barbecue with husks on or boiled in the water with no husks, fresh corns are sweet, juicy, tender, absolutely yummy! They are almost like a great dessert after a filling steak dinner. At least I can never say no to an extra piece of corn even my belly is so full already.

Every summer, there's a corn truck parking off road on the way home from our office. We always grab half a dozen if we see the truck there. They taste so good, not those store bought ones can compare to. If it's a sunny day, soak them and throw them on the barbecue until they are cooked and a little bit charred on the inside. Recently Chris discovered an easy way to peel off the husks. Cut about half an inch from the bottom of the corn and just squeeze the whole corn out of the open end. It looks really clean and easy but the only hesitate I have about doing this is that I'm gonna have a burning hand before I can even enjoy my corn. Hmm maybe wearing gloves can help, or I'll just let Chris handle this part.  =P



Now, with a little bit salt and pepper (I usually don't put them on mine since I enjoy the pure sweetness of the corn), and A LOT OF BUTTER, have a mouth full of the season's delicacy!



No comments:

Post a Comment