Monday 1 December 2014

Advent Calendar " Drink Towards Christmas"

It's the most wonderful time of the year! It's my favorite season of the year! 

I decide to make an advent calendar this year to give December a little bit more fun and excitement: an advent calendar of a drink every day towards Christmas... feeling warm and dizzy already? 

It's a super easy project with a little bit of creative thoughts and a lot of patience. I got all the drinks from LCBO and grocery stores, yes, grocery stores. I didn't say all of them are alcohol, did I? Here's where we need some creative thoughts.. ;) . Lots lots of wrapping paper, ribbons, tapes, some cute labels or tags and a gold color marker. I crocheted a few wine bottle covers in the theme of Christmas. It's a very simple pattern and I love the idea of using corks to attach to the strings as decorations. It takes a bit time to make these bottle covers, but I mean I'm a stay at home mom, what else do I do all day except for looking after a baby that just managed the skills of crawling and potentially walking? Oh well..LOL!! Ok, what I'm saying is that it's really not that complicated if you enjoy the crafty part of the whole thing. Then all you need to do is wrapping each bottle (or maybe not a bottle) in a different way with a same theme and write the number of the day on individual tags. So much fun and it makes a beautiful decoration for the holidays!

Here's Day 1, Holiday Bubbly - sparkling wine with a splash of lemonade. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment